Saturday, October 10, 2009

and I froze my ass

0926091259.jpg">


I was able to escape the office early yesterday to go for an afternoon ride. It was a lovely 48 degrees, the sun was shining, and it was officially my first ride in long sleeves and tights. I took a new route through town and then hit the hills. Climbing was a sweat fest going up and a lesson in hypothermia on the way down. It ended up being about 30 miles total but I felt like I'd ridden a double century. The first ride in the cold always kicks my ass and zaps my motivation to the point where I want to hang up the bike till May...but alas I always climb back on and chances are it will be an even colder day and I'll probably enjoy myself.



Here's some mood music, courtesy of stevil over at ahtbm. Rock!

">


Have a great weekend...and if you're out at the 'Basin or Loveland, I'm jealous as hell!

No comments: